- I write about technology and society,
- A long time ago I gained a PhD in theoretical chemistry and did a couple of years of postdoctoral research,
- Since then I have worked in the software industry. My writing here is independent of my employer.
- My book No One Makes You Shop At Wal-Mart (2006) is a left-wing game-theoretical investigation of individual choice that has been used in several university economics, philosophy and sociology courses,
- My book What’s Yours is Mine: Against the Sharing Economy was published by OR Books in November 2015, and has been translated into German, Chinese (Simplified) and French.
- I live with my wife Lynne Supeene in Waterloo, Ontario and have two adult children, James Supeene and Simon Slee.
A more complete resume is here.
Contact: tom at tomslee.net