Tom Slee has been a scientific researcher and political activist, and is now a computer software professional living in Waterloo, Ontario.
Professional and Educational
- B.Sc. (Hons) First Class, Theoretical Chemistry, University of Sussex.
- Ph.D., Theoretical Chemistry, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, with R.F.W. Bader.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Inorganic Chemistry, University of Oxford, with D.M.P. Mingos.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Theoretical Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario with R.J. LeRoy.
- Director of Scientific Support, Hypercube Inc, Waterloo, Ontario.
- Sybase Inc.*, Waterloo, Ontario — SQL Anywhere R&D division.
- 1994–1996: Technical Writer
- 1996–2005: Manager, Technical Publications
- 2005–present: Senior Product Manager
*In 2011 Sybase was taken over by SAP AG.
- Independent Writer
- 2006: No One Makes You Shop at Wal-Mart, Between the Lines Press
- 2006-present: Writing on technology and politics, on this blog and in various print & online publications
The views expressed on this site are, of course, independent of my employer.